Thursday, December 17, 2015

Disney Questions!


So as I have said before, I have applied and been accepted to the Disney College Program. I want to share with you somethings for your preparation should you choose to do the same.

The Process:
1) First you will do an online application. It will be long and there will be an over abundance of questions just be prepared to answer all of them honestly.

2) Then if you make it past that, you will be accepted for a phone interview. Remember when you pick your time for your phone interview, that you have at least an hour to do it. I did mine two hours before my class one day so that I would have enough time.

3) The phone interview will be riddle with all kinds of questions that I will write more about below. My tip for you here is to smile while your on the phone. I know they can't see you, but believe it our not a smile can be heard. *Shout out to my friend Michelle who did the College Program a couple of semesters before me and gave me this tip.*

4) Then you will have to wait for the email. Try not to stress about it because really the ball is in their court so just relax and wait. This also won't come until maybe months later.

Phone Interview Questions:
For the phone questions I looked up blogs just like this one to get prepared. The one I used was called The Disney College Program Life. It really helped prepare me. There were still some that weren't on there that I was asked specifically to apply to my application so I will share all that I can remember.

When they call they will be very nice and personable, which is a requirement for Disney, so if you don't know how to handle people then I suggest running away now. If you do then by all means, please read on. Please keep in mind these are not in the order they asked me.

  1. Why did you choose the Disney College Program?
  2. It says on your application that you are___(this could be anything from conversational in a language to a type of certification)___ are you aware that, if you recieve an invitation to be a part of the Disney College Program that you will be required to take a test of___(whatever applies to your ability)___ when you arrive?
  3. How do you react in emergency situations?
  4. Are you interested in Character performance? Can you make any of these auditions before you arrive?  (they will give you dates and locations)
  5. When living in the dorms you could possibly be living with one to seven other girls, do you think you would be okay with this?
  6. Have you ever had a roommate before and if so how did that experience go?
  7. The Disney College Program has students from all over the world, how would you handle a roommate who may speak a different language?
  8. Some cast member positions have to repeat the same line often. How would you keep it new and exciting?
  9. How do you think this oppurtunity can help you in your future?
  10. What is your major? What do you plan on doing with that?
  11. Why do you think the Disney College Program can help you gain experience with your major?
I didn't give you my answers because this should be all from your heart and what you really think about what they are asking you.

They may ask you more than this, they may ask you less. I could be forgetting some. Just be positive and happy. Make sure to brag about yourself a little bit. Don't be obnoxious but you are trying to get them to see why you are the best choice. They will give you more information on the phone and they will ask if you have any questions. Try to ask something because you don't want to seem like you don't actually care about what the program is like or what it does.

So there are a few tips and experiences that got me accepted to the Disney College Program. I hope this helped prepare you and good luck to all who try for it.

Have A Magical Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment